As a company that offers insurance claims help in the Twin Cities, we thought we would compile a list of some good rules of thumb to remember when you are dealing with your insurance company and filing a claim. There are several universal truths we have figured out through the years, so here are a few of our favorite tips. And any time you need insurance claims help, give us a call!
- Be proactive. Make sure you know the details of your insurance policies, and make sure you know what to do when you need to file a claim. Make sure all of your important documents and paperwork are all stored together somewhere safe. There are fireproof boxes on the market these days, so consider buying one of those and putting all of your important documents in it for safe keeping.
- Remember that dealing with your insurance company is a business negotiation. While the people you speak to at your insurance company will probably be friendly, they are there to represent your insurance company’s best interests, not yours. Be polite and give the insurance company a chance to give you the entire amount of money you are due when you file a claim. But stay on top of things too.
- Document everything! Make copies, and make sure you date everything too. Support any claims you make with documentation, details, estimates, etc. Make sure you also keep emails and any other forms of communication between you and your insurance company.
- Do not sign anything before you read it, and make sure you get your attorney to read things over before you sign on the dotted line too. Present your requests to the insurance company clearly and in writing whenever possible.
- Do not be afraid to ask for insurance claims help from a reputable and professional company like Norcia Insurance Consultants. We can be the go-between between you and your insurance company so you get the full amount you are entitled to.
- Make sure you understand everything from start to finish. Do not be afraid to ask questions to get further clarification, especially when you contact us for insurance claims help. We want to be sure you understand the process and everything that is going on.
Do you need insurance claims help in the Twin Cities? Call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 1-866-512-LOSS (5677) or you can contact us to Request a Free Consultation.