Norcia Insurance Consultants - (866) 512-LOSS

Ask Your Public Adjuster: Common Insurance Claims Questions in Winter

As the trusted public adjuster for WI, we continue to assist area policyholders with property insurance claims after winter accidents and severe weather events. Here in Wisconsin, we can see our fair share of both and area home or business owners are often left with many questions after such an event. Roof collapses, water damage and even wind damage will be common occurrences that have many unknowns attached. That’s why, we’ve put together some of the most common questions that follow such events in order to help homeowners and businesses recover. And, if you have a claim, don’t go it alone; contact the public adjusters at Norcia Insurance Consultants and we can walk you through the entire process step by step. 

insurance claims twin cities

How can I avoid an accident at my home or business property? 

It is important to keep pathways around your home or complex clear of snow, ice and debris. This is a great way to cut down on accidents. It is important to concentrate on walking paths and drives. Either one could be the cause of a big accident. Don’t risk injury or property damage for your residents or complex. It’s a good idea to keep extra people on staff in case of hazardous precipitation.

If my property is damaged but I’m snowed in what should I do?

Do everything you can to mitigate and prevent further damage. Take lots of photos and don’t discard anything. Then, contact your insurance company and the public adjusters at Norcia. We can take inventory of the damage and provide an estimate of the value of your assets. Next, we can figure out how many of your assets are covered by your insurance policy and how much you should receive for those assets.

I had previous damage and filed a claim. If I get more damage, can I still make a claim?

Yes, each incident should be treated as a separate damage event. But you may need to show when and what was repaired from the old damage. Be sure not to give the insurance company an excuse to deny the claim. 

Will my insurance pay for a hotel and living expenses if my home is uninhabitable? 

Many insurance companies will cover this under a standard policy provision called Additional Living Expenses. We can help you determine if you have this coverage and get you the assistance you need.

Whatever happens, it is important to remember that it’s your claim and your property. If you have a claim, consider enlisting a public adjuster claim expert to make sure your claim is properly handled.

Are you in need of a public adjuster in the WI area? Give Norcia Insurance Consultants a call today at 866-512-LOSS (5677) or request a free consultation online.