Call Today at 866-512-LOSS (5677)
Learn how to file your business income loss claim by clicking here. Help With Insurance Claims in Minnesota & Wisconsin Insurance Claims Assistance Minnesota & Wisconsin

Handling Insurance Disputes After a Damaging Summer Storm

There are severe thunderstorms in the forecast. While this is a pretty typical summer occurrence, you never know when one of these storms will turn ugly. Down-pouring rains, high winds and tornado watches aren’t totally out of the ordinary in our neck of the woods and they can leave behind them some devastating storm damage. Fortunately, many have homeowners insurance that cover these types of damages. Not so fortunately, insurance companies occasionally deny these claims. That’s where the experts at Norcia Insurance Consultants come in; we are experts at resolving insurance disputes. Experiencing insurance disputes after filing a claim? We have got you covered! We can help solve your insurance disputes in Green Bay and the surrounding areas while working to help get you what you’re owed. 

insurance disputes green bay

How do you go about filing an insurance claim after a storm and what do you do if caught in insurance disputes? It’s simple; call the experts at Norcia. We are here to give you a quick rundown of what you should do after a damaging storm. Here’s what to do:

1. Make sure everyone is safe and your home is safe to be in. Do not go outside if it is still storming out or if it’s possible tree limbs could still break and fall, even if you suspect your home or property has been damaged. Wait until the weather clears up and it is safe to venture outdoors.

2. As soon as it’s safe to do so, go outside and slowly walk around the perimeter of your home. Take note of any damage you see, even if it’s only a small amount.

3. Pick up the phone and call the experts at Norcia Insurance Consultants. We will be able to walk you through every step in the process. Even if you are unsure whether the damage warrants an insurance claim, we can get you the help you need to get you started. Even if a claim is fairly minor, like a cracked or broken window that won’t exceed your annual deductible, you should still report that damage.

4. Don’t even contact your insurance company to file insurance claims directly. With assistance from the experts at Norcia, we can take care of this for you. We can come to your home, talk to your insurance company for you, explain to you what is unfolding, clarify all aspects of the paperwork and go over contracts to help you understand them.

For help with insurance disputes in the Green Bay area, call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677), or you can contact us to set up your Free Consultation.

Homeowners Insurance and Coronavirus: What You Should Know

While the COVID-19 pandemic likely hasn’t changed your coverage much, there are certain things you should be aware of when it comes to your policy. As you do your best to stave off the coronavirus, heeding stay-at-home orders etc., we have come up with some tips on how you can better protect your family with your homeowners insurance. As the expert insurance adjusters for WI and the surrounding area, we are here to help you better understand your policy and get you what you’re entitled to if something were to happen to your home or business. Here are some key items to take into consideration:

  • Homeowners policies do not cover pandemic exposure, but it is important to take a look at your coverage and be aware of what it does cover in the event of an emergency. Now is also a good time to reassess both your personal property and liability coverage, especially if you’re working from home. If your home office requires specialized equipment or set up, you should find out from your insurance company about coverage for these types of situations.
  • It is also recommended to take a moment to check whether or not you have enough coverage for your personal belongings; especially for high-value items like electronics or jewelry, that could require separate add-on coverage. Not sure what your policy covers? The insurance adjusters at Norcia can review your policy and help you better understand it.
  • Make a home inventory. This can help you provide proof to your insurer of what you lost if you ever need to file a claim. Start by taking photographs of your belongings, log the make and model/serial number if applicable. You can also record a video to capture a number of items at once. Then, be sure to keep this records safe yet accessible in the event you need to file a claim.
  • Social distancing measures are driving insurers to keep any in-person interaction to a minimum. So, depending on the company you work with, the claims process may be very different from what you’re used to. If you’ve got insurance adjusters from Norcia working on your behalf, we can speak directly with your insurance company to ensure a claim is moving along as it should.

Need helping making sense of your insurance plan during these uncertain times? When you educate yourself and have expert insurance adjusters by your side, your chances of receiving what you are entitled to are raised.

Give us a call today and we can get to work for you! Do you need help from trusted insurance adjusters in WI? Call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS(5677) or you can contact us to Schedule a Free Consultation.

Don’t Wait to File a Business Income Claim

There is no denying that the COVID-19 pandemic is having a major impact on businesses. Many businesses have either chosen or been forced to close based on the executive order of the Governor. If your business is closed due to COVID-19 or impacted in a negative way, we encourage you to file a claim with your insurance company. Norcia Insurance Consultants is here to assist you in completing the process and compiling your claim.

Whether your business has general insurance or business interruption protection, we can help you understand your coverage. Business interruption, or loss of income insurance, protects business revenue according to the type of coverage and coverage limits the business owner chooses. Compensation calculations can be complicated and difficult to understand, so we recommend businesses get started on the claims process as quickly as possible.

Here are the steps you will need to follow to recover from lost revenue during this unprecedented time:

Review Policy Terms

We will do a thorough review of your policy and compare what it covers against what you lost or expect to lose. We will also check to see if the policy has a time-based deductible called an elimination period.

Notify Insurer

You should notify your insurance company as soon as possible after incurring a loss. Most companies require notification within a specific time period followed by a sworn proof of loss statement, or they will invalidate your subsequent claim.

Loss Mitigation Plan

Problems with loss of business income claims often arise from providing an unrealistic or inaccurate recovery period. Insurance companies expect (and most often require) you to submit a mitigation plan that includes a time frame for recovery and outlines steps you are taking to keep losses from escalating.

Claim Form
You will need to gather financial and legal documentation and fill out the claim form according to the insurance company instructions. Claim forms also require calculations that determine lost profit and extra expenses.We have more detailed information on how to file your business income claim, but the main thing to do is get started now! Give us a call and we will help you through the process to make sure your business can recover from lost revenue and hopefully get back up and running as soon as things get back to normal.

Call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677) or Request a Free Consultation today!

How to Go From ‘Denied’ to ‘Paid’ on an Insurance Claim

When you’re depending on an insurance claim to pay for damages your home has tragically sustained, the last thing you want to hear from your insurance company is that your claim has been denied. While it is possible that the claim simply isn’t covered by your policy, in our experience, many denied claims should actually be paid. Here at Norcia Insurance Consultants, we are experts in insurance claims here in Minnesota and work to get homeowners what they deserve. That’s why, to help homeowners understand the process, we’ve put together some information that can help move a claim from the ‘denied’ pile to the ‘paid’ pile.

insurance claims minnesota

For one, there are a few reasons a claim can be denied right off the bat. A claim may be denied if damage isn’t document well enough. This includes taking pictures and video of your property damage. You should record all evidence of the damage. It’s essential to record and keep everything. For example, if roof tiles fall off from wind damage, keep them. Just like taking pictures and video of the damage, keeping your actual damaged material provides important evidence and clues as to the cause of the damage.

And, when your insurance representative comes to the scene of the damage, be sure not to speculate or say anything that may hurt your claim. Insurance policies contain many complicated provisions that can provide or take away coverage.

And remember, once your insurance company has denied your claim they consider it a closed case. But you shouldn’t. Before you even begin the insurance claims process you should contact an insurance claim consultant like one at Norcia to help you through the process step by step. We will work for you, not the insurance company, to help you get what you’re entitled to. You won’t even need to contact your insurance company to file insurance claims directly. With assistance from the experts at Norcia, we can take care of this for you. We can come to your home, document damages, talk to your insurance company for you, explain to you what is unfolding, clarify all aspects of the paperwork and go over contracts to help you understand them.

Give us a call at Norcia and we can help you every step of the way. Are you interested in learning more about help with insurance claims in Minnesota? Call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677) or Request a Free Consultation.

Ask Your Public Adjuster: Common Insurance Claims Questions in Winter

As the trusted public adjuster for WI, we continue to assist area policyholders with property insurance claims after winter accidents and severe weather events. Here in Wisconsin, we can see our fair share of both and area home or business owners are often left with many questions after such an event. Roof collapses, water damage and even wind damage will be common occurrences that have many unknowns attached. That’s why, we’ve put together some of the most common questions that follow such events in order to help homeowners and businesses recover. And, if you have a claim, don’t go it alone; contact the public adjusters at Norcia Insurance Consultants and we can walk you through the entire process step by step. 

insurance claims twin cities

How can I avoid an accident at my home or business property? 

It is important to keep pathways around your home or complex clear of snow, ice and debris. This is a great way to cut down on accidents. It is important to concentrate on walking paths and drives. Either one could be the cause of a big accident. Don’t risk injury or property damage for your residents or complex. It’s a good idea to keep extra people on staff in case of hazardous precipitation.

If my property is damaged but I’m snowed in what should I do?

Do everything you can to mitigate and prevent further damage. Take lots of photos and don’t discard anything. Then, contact your insurance company and the public adjusters at Norcia. We can take inventory of the damage and provide an estimate of the value of your assets. Next, we can figure out how many of your assets are covered by your insurance policy and how much you should receive for those assets.

I had previous damage and filed a claim. If I get more damage, can I still make a claim?

Yes, each incident should be treated as a separate damage event. But you may need to show when and what was repaired from the old damage. Be sure not to give the insurance company an excuse to deny the claim. 

Will my insurance pay for a hotel and living expenses if my home is uninhabitable? 

Many insurance companies will cover this under a standard policy provision called Additional Living Expenses. We can help you determine if you have this coverage and get you the assistance you need.

Whatever happens, it is important to remember that it’s your claim and your property. If you have a claim, consider enlisting a public adjuster claim expert to make sure your claim is properly handled.

Are you in need of a public adjuster in the WI area? Give Norcia Insurance Consultants a call today at 866-512-LOSS (5677) or request a free consultation online.