When faced with a crisis, all of us have questions about what the next steps are. We often talk to friends, make a variety of phone calls, and search out the answers in order to have peace of mind. The Norcia team wants to help you get answers easily, so you can return to your regular routine as soon as possible. To do that, we have prepared a list of insurance claims questions. Twin Cities residents can use this list to be prepared when the worst happens.
- What should I do immediately after a disaster happens? Whether it’s a natural disaster or other problem that causes damage to your home or property, the first thing to do is make sure everyone is safe. If anyone needs medical attention, that should definitely be priority. Once everyone’s well-being is established, you should determine if it’s safe to stay in your home or if you need to find another place to stay. Once your basic needs are met, you can begin to assess the damage and take detailed notes and photos of the damage.
- How do I file a claim? Most insurance claims can be filed by visiting the insurance office, over the phone, via a mobile app provided by the company or through using an online form.
- Will my insurance premium increase if I file a claim? This will depend on the circumstances and your insurance company.
- How long will my insurance claim take? Each claim is different, and the amount of resolution time varies based on the assorted factors of the claim. To help the process go as quickly as possible, be sure to provide your insurance company with all the necessary details and documentation in a timely manner.
- Can my insurance company cancel my policy if I file a claim? Your insurance provider retains the right to cancel your policy at any time. However, this is usually only done when one is a high-risk policyholder.
- I don’t think my losses will exceed my deductible. Should I still file a claim? While not necessary, if you file a claim you are protected in the event that you discover additional injuries or damages not initially expected. It is nearly always recommended that one file a claim in the event of a disaster or other cause of property damage.
Filing an insurance claim doesn’t have to be a scary, long drawn-out process. There are people to help you through the steps and answer your questions. Don’t lose sleep or let stress rule the day. Talk to the insurance adjusters at Norcia today to learn how we can help with your insurance claims questions.
If you have other insurance claims questions in the Twin Cities, call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677) or Schedule a Free Consultation.