With the 4th of July being next week, the experts here at Norcia would like to discuss some of the most important safety tips for the holiday and for summer as a whole. With fun summer festivities, outdoor activities and family vacations, there are a few safety tips you should keep in mind to help you, your family and your home stay safe. And, in the event something does happen at your home, our Twin Cities public adjusters are here to help with all of of your insurance needs. But first, be sure to take these essential summer precautions:
In warmer months, there tends to be a spike in property crimes. Take the time to prepare for summer security and avoid the mess of a break-in, especially if you plan to go on vacation this summer. If you do have a break in, it is important to contact the authorities right away. Our public adjusters can help with the next steps.
If you do decide to use fireworks this 4th of July, first make sure they are legal. And remember, even legal fireworks can cause injury if they are not used properly. Here are some important safety tips from the American Pyrotechnic Association:
- Only use fireworks outdoors away from buildings on a flat, level, hard, fireproof surface that is free from debris.
- Don’t aim fireworks at another person or yourself.
- Always have a sober adult in charge and never give fireworks to young children, even sparklers.
- Light only one firework at a time and never approach or re-ignite a firework that doesn’t light the first time.
- Always wear safety glasses.
- Have a working garden hose or bucket of water handy.
Careless grilling can cause burns or fires. Before you start cooking outside this summer, consider these tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Never step away from the grill while it’s on
- Check your gas grill for hose leaks, blockages and holes
- If using a charcoal grill, wait for the coals to cool completely before disposing it
If a fire does occur and cause damage to your home or property, be sure to contact the fire department right away. And, when you need help filing your insurance claim, seek assistance from our experienced public adjusters.
And, these are just some of the most important safety tips to follow this summer. Are you interested in learning more about how our public adjusters in the Twin Cities can help you in the event of a fire or other damages this summer? Call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677) or Schedule a Free Consultation.