Norcia Insurance Consultants - (866) 512-LOSS

Insurance Claims Disputes & Questions

This summer’s weather has been unpredictable to say the least with high temperatures, flooding and other not-so-mild weather activity. And, this fall and winter are shaping up to be much of the same.  Weather events can wreak havoc on your home and property. When a storm hits and causes damage, it can be a stressful and upsetting time and you may not know what to do or where to begin. That’s why the experts at Norcia are here to answer all of your questions about your insurance claim and property. And, when insurance claims disputes arise in MN, we are the experts to call. When it comes to weather, insurance, and the home, there can be a lot of unanswered questions especially in the event of a denied claim. That’s where we come in. Our insurance claims experts will work for you and not the insurance company, working to get you what you are entitled to. 

insurance claims disputes MN

In our work over the years, we have heard from many people who have questions and are in need of help with their insurance claims. We are here to provide assistance. We’ve put together answers to some of the most common insurance claims questions for your reference. And remember, if you find yourself with insurance claims disputes, don’t hesitate to call the professionals at Norcia Insurance Consultants. 

What is the first thing I should do after my home’s been damaged?

First, make sure everyone is safe. Once you’ve ensured everyone’s safety, contact your insurance agent or your insurance claims adjuster for instructions on what to do until they arrive. You can begin preparing an inventory of personal property damaged and take pictures of any damage to the property. Our insurance claims professionals from Norcia can do all of this for you as well.

If possible, find temporary shelter either with family or friends. Or, rent temporary shelter. If your home is uninhabitable because of physical damage, most homeowners’ policies will pay additional living expenses while your property is being repaired.

My home was damaged in a flood, is that covered?

Unfortunately, chances are, your policy does not cover flood damage. Most policies cover damage from falling water or rain blown by the wind, but not from rising water or flooding. In many cases, homeowners must have a separate or additional flood policy that covers rising water or flooding.

Why is the settlement lower than expected? 

Ask for clarification. If it cites an exclusion or other specific language in your policy, ask it to point out the section. Or, call the professionals at Norcia and we can help settle any insurance claims disputes.

Do you need help with insurance claims disputes in MN? For more information on insurance claims help, call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677), or you can contact us to set up your Free Consultation.