Call Today at 866-512-LOSS (5677)
Learn how to file your business income loss claim by clicking here. Help With Insurance Claims in Minnesota & Wisconsin Insurance Claims Assistance Minnesota & Wisconsin

Don’t Wait to File a Business Income Claim

There is no denying that the COVID-19 pandemic is having a major impact on businesses. Many businesses have either chosen or been forced to close based on the executive order of the Governor. If your business is closed due to COVID-19 or impacted in a negative way, we encourage you to file a claim with your insurance company. Norcia Insurance Consultants is here to assist you in completing the process and compiling your claim.

Whether your business has general insurance or business interruption protection, we can help you understand your coverage. Business interruption, or loss of income insurance, protects business revenue according to the type of coverage and coverage limits the business owner chooses. Compensation calculations can be complicated and difficult to understand, so we recommend businesses get started on the claims process as quickly as possible.

Business Income Claim

Here are the steps you will need to follow to recover from lost revenue during this unprecedented time:

Review Policy Terms

We will do a thorough review of your policy and compare what it covers against what you lost or expect to lose. We will also check to see if the policy has a time-based deductible called an elimination period.

Notify Insurer

You should notify your insurance company as soon as possible after incurring a loss. Most companies require notification within a specific time period followed by a sworn proof of loss statement, or they will invalidate your subsequent claim.

Loss Mitigation Plan

Problems with loss of business income claims often arise from providing an unrealistic or inaccurate recovery period. Insurance companies expect (and most often require) you to submit a mitigation plan that includes a time frame for recovery and outlines steps you are taking to keep losses from escalating.

Claim Form
You will need to gather financial and legal documentation and fill out the claim form according to the insurance company instructions. Claim forms also require calculations that determine lost profit and extra expenses.We have more detailed information on how to file your business income claim, but the main thing to do is get started now! Give us a call and we will help you through the process to make sure your business can recover from lost revenue and hopefully get back up and running as soon as things get back to normal.

Call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677) or Request a Free Consultation today!

Getting Answers to Your Insurance Claims Questions

Most homeowners aren’t experts at dealing with insurance companies, initiating a claim or negotiating insurance claims. Typical homeowners only ever have to make one or two major insurance claims if any. As the trusted insurance adjusters for Wisconsin, we are here to answer all of your insurance claims questions. WI residents have entrusted their insurance claims disputes and details with us for years and we are here to help you with this complicated process. Here are a few issues that often require an insurance claim as well as a few tips to help answer common insurance claims questions:

insurance claims questions wi

Burst Pipes

Discovering a burst pipe in your home can be a scary experience. Your insurance company should understand that you need to move fast when handling a burst pipe insurance claim. After you’ve spoken with your insurance company, a water damage remediation company should arrive on-site quickly to tackle the problem.

A burst pipe can quickly cause thousands of dollars in water damage. Making matters worse, some insurance companies will refuse to cover certain burst pipe damages. If you need help figuring out coverage for your exact situation with water damage from a leak, broken pipe, or a pipe that burst, a licensed public insurance adjusters like those at Norcia Insurance Consultants can evaluate your policy and claim to provide industry expertise for your unique insurance claim.

Roof Damage

Roof damage insurance claims can be tricky. Some roof damage is always covered by a home insurance policy, while other roof damage is not. Most home insurance policies cover unexpected roof damage like hail damage, fallen debris and the like. If your roof was damaged in a storm, then your home insurance should cover the cost of repairing your roof to its pre-loss condition.

In many cases, the insurance company will dispute certain aspects of your insurance claim. In this case, should hire a public adjuster to answer any of your insurance claims questions and handle your insurance claim to ensure you receive the maximum amount you are entitled to in order to fix your roof.


After a damaging fire, you’ll want to make a list of everything you lost in the fire. Insurance policies require policyholders to file their insurance claims and ‘proof of loss’ reports as soon as possible, so call your insurance agent immediately to get the process started. Dealing with the insurance company is a very convoluted process, especially when it comes to fire damage so it is important you have someone fighting on your behalf and answering any and all of your insurance claims questions. An insurance claims adjuster here at Norcia can help you every step of the way.

Whatever damage occurs to your home, it is important to remember that only a licensed public adjuster can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, fighting for every penny owed to you under the terms of your contract. For more answers to your insurance claims questions in WI, call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677), or you can contact us to set up your Free Consultation.

Do You Know What Your Homeowner’s Insurance Does & Does Not Cover? Ask the Experts

In the event of a fire or natural disaster this summer, do you know what your insurance will cover? As professional insurance consultants for Green Bay, we are here to help you answer that very question! We get a lot of questions about insurance claims but one of the most common call we get is people calling in asking for help making sense of their insurance coverage. It can be confusing trying to determine what is and is not included in an insurance plan. That’s what we are here for! We would like to clear up a few things for you know and help you in any way we can. So, when you need help from professional, experienced insurance consultants, do not hesitate to give us a call.

insurance consultants green bay

First of all, it is important to know that not all natural disasters are covered by homeowners insurance. For example, damage caused by earthquakes and floods are not typically covered by homeowners insurance. You may need to purchase separate insurance policies to help protect your home and belongings against those types of natural disasters. You may also need to purchase additional coverages for greater protection. While a typical policy comes with certain coverages, it is usually customized to meet each individual homeowner’s unique needs. There are a few basics covered by most insurance plans including windstorms, hail, fires, lightning strikes and more. Insurance plans are not one size fits all so your plan may only include some of these or even additional events. Our insurance consultants can help you determine what is covered and what is not. A public insurance adjuster like us can come to your home, talk to your insurance company for you, explain to you what is unfolding, clarify all aspects of the paperwork and go over contracts that you might otherwise have a hard time understanding.

And, some homeowners insurance policies also include coverage for other structures that are on your property but separate from your home, like a detached garage, tool shed or fence.

Need helping making sense of your insurance plan? When you educate yourself and have the experts by your side, your chances of receiving what you are entitled to are raised. Our job is to get you the full amount of insurance money you are entitled to. We will evaluate the damage, take pictures and video, analyze your insurance policy and to figure out how much money you should get.

Give us a call today and we can get to work for you! Ready to receive help with your insurance disputes in the Twin Cities? Call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS(5677) or you can contact us to Schedule a Free Consultation.

Summer Storm Damage & Filing an Insurance Claim

Here in Wisconsin, we are no stranger to storms; especially as of late. Some of our most devastating weather often comes in the spring and summer, when thunderstorms and high winds roll in. High winds, down-pouring rains, and tornado watches aren’t totally uncommon in our parts and they can leave some devastating storm damage in their wake. Luckily, many homeowners insurance policies cover damages from weather like this, so that you can get the repairs you need. But how do you go about filing an insurance claim after a storm and what do you do if caught in insurance disputes? As the trusted professionals here to help with insurance disputes in Wisconsin, we are here to give you a quick rundown of what you should do after a damaging storm.

insurance disputes

When heavy rains, wind or a falling tree limbs wreak havoc, your first step is to make sure everyone is safe and your home is safe to be in. Do not go outside if it is still storming out or if it’s possible tree limbs could still break and fall, even if you suspect your home or property has been damaged. Wait until the weather clears up and it is safe to venture outdoors. As soon as it’s safe to do so, go outside and slowly walk around the perimeter of your home. Take note of any damage you see, even if it’s only a small amount. Then, you should pick up the phone and call the experts at Norcia Insurance Consultants. We will be able to walk you through every step in the process. Even if you are unsure whether the damage warrants an insurance claim, experts like those at Norcia can get you the help you need to get you started. Even if a claim is fairly minor, like a cracked or broken window that won’t exceed your annual deductible, you should still report that damage.

You don’t even need to contact your insurance company to file insurance claims directly. With assistance from the experts at Norcia, we can take care of this for you. We can come to your home, talk to your insurance company for you, explain to you what is unfolding, clarify all aspects of the paperwork and go over contracts to help you understand them.

Already file an insurance claim and don’t feel you are getting the help or payout you deserve? Norcia Insurance Consultants are also experts in solving insurance disputes to help you get what you’re entitled to.

For more information about filing insurance claims or for help with insurance disputes in Wisconsin, call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677), or you can contact us to set up your Free Consultation.

Happy Holidays from Norcia Insurance Consultants

As 2018 is coming to a close, we want to thank our clients for another successful year. We are grateful to continue serving Minnesota and western Wisconsin as public insurance adjusters. This would not be possible without the support and patronage from all of you!

We want to thank each and every one of you who chose to use Norcia Insurance Consultants when you needed assistance with an insurance claim. We hope you will trust us with any future insurance claims needs.

We wish each of you a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year!

Happy Holidays