Norcia Insurance Consultants - (866) 512-LOSS

How to Know What Your Home Insurance Covers and Doesn’t Cover

As insurance claims consultants and experts in home insurance, we get many insurance claims questions from Wisconsin area residents. And, one of the most common ones we get is about how to know what is and is not included in an insurance plan. We would like to clear up a few things for you know to help you in the event of an insurance claim. And, if you have any additional insurance claims questions, do not hesitate to give us a call. One of our expert insurance claims consultants are ready and willing to help with all of your insurance claims needs.

insurance claims questions

First of all, it’s important to know that homeowner’s insurance policies are not one-size-fits-all. While a typical policy comes with certain coverages, it is usually customized to meet each individual homeowner’s unique needs.
There are a few basics covered by most insurance plans including:

  • Fires
  • Lightning strikes
  • Windstorms
  • Hail

But, it’s important to know that not all natural disasters are covered by homeowner’s insurance. For example, damage caused by earthquakes and floods are not typically covered by homeowner’s insurance. You may need to purchase separate insurance policies to help protect your home and belongings against those types of natural disasters. You may also need to purchase additional coverages for greater protection.

One of the basic coverages of a homeowners insurance policy is dwelling protection which helps cover the structure of the home in which you live, as well as other structures that are attached to it, such as a garage or a deck. And, some homeowner’s insurance policies also include coverage for other structures that are on your property but separate from your home, like a detached garage, tool shed or fence.

Not sure what is covered on your insurance plan? When a disaster occurs, contacting your insurance company is essential to starting the claims process. But, with insurance claims help from Norcia, we can take care of this for you. A public insurance adjuster like us can come to your home, talk to your insurance company for you, explain to you what is unfolding, clarify all aspects of the paperwork and go over contracts that you might otherwise have a hard time understanding.

Do you still have some insurance claims questions? For more information on insurance claims help in Wisconsin, call Norcia Insurance Consultants at 866-512-LOSS (5677), or you can contact us to set up your Free Consultation.